Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Anxiety of Being Influential

I am reading “Anxiety of Being Influential” written by Jon Caramanica. The article talking about Jay-Z’s new album “The Blue Print Three” and how Jay-Z isn’t as wonderful of a rapper as he used to be but more of a influential aspect of rap today. I believe that if Jay-Z wanted to he could still put out a hit song with in a week. To quote Star Wars, I believe that Jay-Z has gave up his role of the all powerful Darth Vader who gets what ever he wants and is the one who runs everything to more of an Obi Wan type of character who is more of an influential presence to Luke (Luke being all the other rappers). I believe that Jay-Z is getting close to retirement but needed to redeem him self with one last great album which he gave to us as “The Blue Print Three” sense he messed up his last couple albums before. He is almost 40 and is settling down with his wife Beyonce and him as himself will retire soon, but him as a memory will be around forever as one of the best rappers to ever live. When I think of rap I think of Jay-Z and I think of him because his music is so inspiring. For example, after I heard the song D.O.A. I didn’t listen to an auto-tune based song for at least a week. Also another example is when I have something I want to get pumped for I just go to my little album of Jay-Z I have and jam to that, his new song “Run This Town” in particular just gets my adrenaline running. He is a rap icon and he always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment